Drinkable water sometimes needs to be transported from one location to another. Transportation includes state to state, or country to country. The Department of Health regulates what is safe and what is not. Below are some precautions and guidelines used to transport water in extreme situations.
- Trucks must be inspected, disinfected, scrubbed, flushed, and tested for quality.
- All tanks must be covered and water tight sealed
- All contaminates must be removed
- Must be labeled “Drinking Water”
- Must be sampled once a month
- Record keeping of purchases, water amount, sampling results, disinfections, and water source